Positive Behaviour Management in Sport
Duration: 3 hours Age: 16+ Cost: £25 Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Coaching children and young people can be a very rewarding experience. However there will be times when the behaviours of some young participants will leave you feeling confused, frustrated and deskilled!
This workshop will help you to work out why unwanted behaviours occur, how to respond to the challenges as they crop up and how to prevent these from happening again and again. Identifying what creates a positive coaching environment and taking actions that will encourage the types of behaviour you want is the key to successful behaviour management.
The workshop will cover:
- Setting the scene and getting the basics right
- Possible reasons why unwanted behaviours occur
- Positive behaviour management
- Creating a culture of self-regulation
- Techniques for responding to inappropriate behaviour
For further information please contact Sports Development on 01383 602393 or via email on SportsDevelopment.Enquiries@fife.gov.uk